Easy Chicken Parmesan
Comment:Served atop a plateful of pasta, this saucy dish is a hearty weeknight favourite.
Yield: 4 servings.
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups pasta sauce of your choice
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 3 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta), cooked without salt or fat
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Spoon pasta sauce over chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until cheeses melt. Spoon 3/4 cup pasta onto each of 4 plates; top each with a chicken breast half. Divide sauce evenly over each serving.
|Submitted By:||Liz Savel
© 2002-2017 - All Rights Reserved.